Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lets Talk Some Basketball

Greeting fellow blog readers. I am another collaborator of 'The Goal Posters', specializing in NBA news and analysis. I am hesitant to call myself an NBA 'expert' (since there are many people who know more about basketball then me), so lets just say I'm the guy who spent way too much time as a kid watching and reading about the NBA, when I could have been doing more productive things with my life. I look forward to writing some pieces for you and getting some feedback/debates going in the comments section. I'm just going to wrap up tonight with a little info on some NBA playoff races:
  • The battle for the 8th seed in the East took an unfortunate turn tonight, when two minutes into their game with the Cavs, Chris Bosh took an elbow to the face. After bleeding on the court for several minutes, Bosh was taken to a local hospital, where a CT scan revealed a fractured face. While no timetable has been set, early rumors speculate that Bosh will miss the remainder of the season. This would seem to end any hope of the Raptors making the playoffs. As it currently stands the Raptors have a one game lead on the Chicago Bulls for the final playoff seed in the East. With only five games remaining for each, the pivotal game is when these two teams will meet on Sunday in Toronto. Look for the winner of that game to grab the 8th seed and a first round loss to the LeBron's.
  • Meanwhile the Bucks won their first game without Andrew Bogut; clinching a playoff spot in the process. John Salmons had 26 points to lead the Bucks to a victory over the Bulls, the team that traded him a month and a half ago. This proves that losing Bogut, while painful, does not end the season for a Milwaukee team that still has things to play for.
  • If you were lucky enough to catch the Oklahoma City/Utah game last night, you saw one of the best games of the season. Utah barely survived 140-139 in this thrilling overtime game, that included a controversial no-call at the end. Deron Williams scored a career high 42 points, including the game winner with 1.1 seconds left, and added 10 assists with only 1 turnover. The Jazz survived 45 points from Kevin Durant, who appeared to be fouled while attempting a 3 at the end of overtime. KD did overtake LeBron James as the League's scoring leader with one week remaining in the regular season.

11 comments:

  1. I might also add that John Salmons is currently helping me beat you in the title bout for our NBA fantasy league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should be helping you beat me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, I just beat you to save you from the embarrassment of losing to Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already can't wait for next year!! i think marc will beat adam this week, sorry adam but only marc or I win fantasy... also, marc needs a second championship to match the two championship rings that I, myself, have won. rivalry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I win I'm going to come back and gloat right here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you win, i will read your comments and snicker at your 1 championship right.... as i have 2 in a display case, that i currently seem to be unable to find. but... i do have these 2 equally delicious chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ring* not right. but i am right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VICTORY! Marc, you have been officially dethroned as resident NBA expert. Beards Inc. triumphs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha...nice try Adam. I reign supreme.

    ReplyDelete